Introduction to the Bible and Salvation
The Bible: A book which 50 million has died for in the middle ages alone. A book translated in every language, studied intensely for thousands of years.Have impacted cultures, languages and individuals lives for the good. Brought blessing to those who follow it. More than 25 000 archaeological digs has confirmed itâ€™s historical accuracy. Scientific far ahead modern discoveries. Written by 40 individuals over 1600 years yet has perfect inner consistency and no contradictions.
It has a OLD Testament - written before Jesus Christ.
The OLD Testament explains:
- How we came to be
- How man fell from perfect unity in relationship with God into rebellion and sin.
- How man tried to appease God with sacrifices and â€˜good worksâ€™
- Godâ€™s perfect character and his perfect standards. No sin can enter heaven or His presence.
- God had a perfect solution to re-unite man with Him by sending his only Son Jesus Christ.
- The OLD Testament also shows us how we would recognise Jesus Christ when he will come.
- What He will come to do, when, where for who.
The New Testament - written after Jesus Christ.
The New Testament explains
- Explains what Jesus Christ came to do for us.
- Gave us a fuller revelation of Godâ€™s character.
- Gave His live for us so we donâ€™t have to go to hell for all eternity when we die.
- Shows us how to establish a personal relationship with our God and Father.
- Gave us His Spirit - as a guarantee and proof that He is alive and what He said is the truth.
- Explains to us what will happen next.
Man's works vs God's works
In many religions the focus is on what YOU must do to appease God to get some kind of eternal life.
In historical catholicism and traditionals christianity - you have to go to church on sundays, pay your ties and be good.
= ACTS OF MAN
In Hinduism - you have to do religious ceremonies, duties and rites, complete comprehension of the universe via philosophy, salvation is reached through acts of worship, meditation and yoga techniques.
= ACTS OF MAN
In Buddhism: salvation is obtained by right understanding, right resolve, right speech, right action, right occupation, right effort, right contemplation, right meditation.
= ACTS OF MAN
In Islam: 2 ways to get to paradise, your good deeds outweigh your bad deeds, or you can die as a martyr for Islam
= ACTS OF MAN
The bible states that God is perfect. Men and women are imperfect. An example would be: Even if you can jump very high, you can never reach the moon. Meaning you can do many works of men to try and please God but everything you do will still fall short.
Christianity, because it was created by God, is a unique religion - with aspects central to Christianity that are different from all other religions.
In Christianity salvation is a free gift given to us by God. In all other religions you achieve salvation through your works or good thoughts.
In no other religion does the leader of that religion die so that his followers may be saved, and then return after death--demonstrating the eternal life we all can have.
- Christianity is the only religion in which love, including love for your enemies, is the central theme.
- Only Christianity offers absolute assurance of heaven and eternal life.
- In no other religion do we find God personally suffering with the people.
- You can be born Jewish; born Buddhist; born as a Hindu -- but it not possible to be born Christian. Being born into a Christian family does not make you a Christian.
If you were born in a garage it does not make you a car, and this applies to people born whose parents were christian. To be a true christian, you have to accept what Christ into your life personally, start a personal relationship with God through His son Jesus. Then you personally walk with Him daily.
How do you receive this FREE gift which Jesus Christ already paid for - to give to you?
You have to believe that God exist, that He send His Son Jesus to die for you. The punishment meant for you - He took on Him. He took death, so you can live. Then you pray to Him, thank Him for forgiving all your sins, ask Him to be the LORD and KING of your life.
You have to ask God to be your Lord and Kind
- 1. Acknowledge in your heart that Jesus is Lord.
- 2. Confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord.
- 3. Believe that Jesus died for your sins and was raised three days later.
- 4. Repent of your sins and get baptized in the name of Jesus.
Here is a little prayer to help you.
Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.
I believe that your only Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross and died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, and is alive now.
Jesus I invite you to be the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward
Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul.
This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved..
Thank you Jesus for dying for me and giving me eternal life.
What to do next?
- Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
- Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
- Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Develop a group of believing friends to answer your questions and support you.
- Find a local group of bible believers who you can worship God with.
bible introduction salvation bible-study
By: Gabriel Kolbe